Lip fillers are a cosmetic procedure that involves injecting a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler into the lips to add volume and enhance their shape. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the body that helps to hydrate and add volume to the skin.
Here are a few key points to consider when getting lip fillers:
- Consult a qualified injector: Lip filler injections should only be performed by a qualified healthcare professional, such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
- Preparing for the procedure: Discuss your goals and expectations with the injector, and provide a complete medical history to ensure the procedure is safe for you.
- Choosing the right filler: There are various types of hyaluronic acid-based fillers available, with different properties and longevity. Your injector will help you choose the right one for you based on your desired outcome.
- Side effects: Lip filler injections are generally considered safe, but like any procedure, there are potential side effects, such as swelling, bruising, pain, or infection. Discuss the potential side effects with your injector.
- Aftercare: Avoid touching or rubbing the injected area for several hours after the procedure, and follow your injector’s instructions for post-treatment care.
- Duration of results: The results of lip filler injections typically last six to nine months, after which time the procedure will need to be repeated to maintain the results.
- Cost: The cost of lip filler injections can vary depending on the location and the injector, as well as the type and amount of filler used.
In conclusion, lip fillers can be an effective way to enhance the appearance of the lips and add volume, but it’s important to choose a qualified injector and discuss your goals and expectations before undergoing the procedure.