Laser Hair Removal
Experience the Benefits of Hair Removal
- Reduces hair growth, permanently – We recommend a minimum of 8 sessions. If you have the recommended number of treatments for your hair and skin type, you’ll see up to 90% hair reduction. Any hair that does grow back will be much finer and will grow back less frequently, which means smoother skin for longer.
- No more ingrown hairs – You won’t need to shave as frequently, minimising rashes or brittle stubble, and less waxing will also result in fewer ingrown hairs too.
- Money and time saving – The average female spends $6500 on razors and 8 weeks of her life shaving, so laser hair removal is a worthwhile long-term investment.
- Improved skin tone and texture – Repeatedly shaving or waxing an area can cause skin pigmentation and uneven skin tone. Laser hair removal reduces the risk of this happening.
Armpits, Bikini Area and Legs.
No more risks for Dark Skin
Using the wrong type of laser or laser wavelength on darker skin could result in burning, discolouration or scarring.
This is why it is so important to use a regulated provider and fully trained practitioners to carry out your treatment.
At Lavish Wellness & Aesthetics, all of our practitioners are medically trained, and we use one of the most effective devices on the market at the moment is the Lumenis SPLENDOR X system, which is a combination of a diode and a Nd:YAG
In one session, even the finest hairs can be removed and in much shorter treatment times, making it less painful. A full body top-to-toe laser hair removal can be done in under 30 minutes.
How do you prepare for your laser hair removal treatment?
While your experience with laser hair removal will largely depend on the specifics of your hair and skin type, there are certain steps you can take to ensure safety and maximize efficacy.
Before your treatment appointment, make sure you haven’t waxed recently and you don’t have a tan – you want the root of the hair to be present and waxing removes the root, and tanning will make it harder for the laser to work.
To ensure your safety as a patient, following pre- and post-procedure guidelines are a must. That includes reviewing any medications and skin care products that you’re using with your doctor. In general, those with ingredients that create photosensitivity (think: AHAs/BHAs, retinol/retinoids, salicylic acid, etc.) should be avoided for at least one week before your treatment. If you’re using Accutane, it’s recommended that you do not undergo any laser treatment for at least six months after stopping medication to avoid the risk of scarring.
We will do a test patch and wait prior to treatment. If the reaction is good, then you can proceed.
2 simple steps to Laser Hair Removal
Visit us at 5309 Limestone Rd, Wilmington, DE 19808, for a consultation with one of our medical laser hair removal practitioners. During this consultation the practitioner will:
- Assess the area you would like to be treated and discuss the results you’re likely to see.
- Explain the procedure for laser hair removal, the cost and your recommended aftercare.
- Give you a quick patch test to assess suitability for treatment.
- Answer any questions you have regarding laser hair removal.
Book Your Laser Hair Removal
Schedule an appointment or call below